I am very excited to share with you, my Paris 2013 bucket list.
Today I booked my Eurostar pass, accommodation and a Paris Pass. This will be my first time in France and will only be a quick side trip while I am based in London for a month. It pains me to say side trip in reference to Paris, but my original plans for my trip to England did not include Paris at all but I figured that because I would be so close I may as well spend a few days there. I will be there for three nights, four days.
If you have any recommendations I would really appreciate them, seeing as I will be there for such a short time and I want to make the most of every moment.
So, drum roll please, here is my bucket list of everything I would like to squeeze into my short time in Paris.
1. See the Eiffel Tower, during the day and sparkling at night. I haven't yet booked a ticket to the top because I am scared of lifts, particularly crowded ones and I am terrified of heights. I lasted a minute at the top of the half size Eiffel Tower replica in Las Vegas before I had to come down. Did you know that the Eiffel Tower was never intended to be permanent?
2. Yes, I want to go to Disneyland Paris. In fact I have already booked a ticket and made sure Space Mountain will be open. Seeing every Disneyland is even on my Life List which you can find here.
3. Marvel at the Palace of Versailles.
4. Explore Notre Dame Cathedral. I am not religious, I certainly have faith and practice being the best person I can be but I am not religious. However I do love cathedrals. The are almost without exception all amazing feats of engineering and architecture.
5. Visit Les Catacombs. My travel agent laughed when I said I wanted to go to Disneyland and Les Catacombs. She thought it an odd combination, it probably is.
6. Arc De Triomphe. I want to see the Arc for its connection to Napoleon as I have always been interested in his history having grown up near a property associated with Napoleon and his wife Josephine.
8. Visit the Louvre and see Da Vinci's masterpiece the Mona Lisa.
9. Browse through Shakespeare and Company bookstore. I might need to purchase a larger baggage allowance after shopping here.
10. Attempt to live like a Parisian.